W. James Scott
Funeral Director, Supervisor of Burton Quinn Scott Cremation and Funeral Services, Inc., Wintergreen
Funeral Director and Supervisor of Burton Quinn Scott Cremation Funeral Services, Inc., Wintergreen
Owned and operated the Scott Funeral Home for 42 years from 1978 until time of merger in 2020 with Burton and Quinn Funeral Homes
Attended Butler Community College
B.S. from Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science, graduating in 1975, Magna Cum Laude
PA Licensed Life Insurance Producer
• Member and Past President of the Erie Crawford County Funeral Directors Association, Permanent Board of Director and past President of the Western PA Funeral Directors Association and Member of Pennsylvania Funeral Directors Association and National Funeral Directors Association
• Member and Past President of the Erie Lions Club and actively involved in the Save an Eye football games
• Member of St. John’s Lutheran Church where he at one time chaired the property committee
• Board of Director of Dufford Terrace Senior Apartment Complex
• Coordinator of the South Erie Hillside Neighborhood Crime Watch
• He is a member of Perry Keystone Lodge # 392, F.&A.M. and the Zem Zem Temple Shrine Erie and EREPA Grotto Erie, the Siebenbuerger Club, Lawrence Park Country Club, former member of the Erie Maennerchor Club
Jim enjoys hunting, fishing traveling and spending time with his family. He is married to Denise and has two sons, Dr. Jared J. Scott and Dr. Justin D. Scott, daughter in law, Beth and grandson Henry James Scott.
Your thoughtful gifts for Veterans during the Christmas Season is so sincerely appreciated. What a wonderful surprise.
January 5, 2018
Thank you for your guidance in planning the funeral for my mother.
Everything was done with care and respect.
The service in your chapel and the Mass at St. Julia were very comforting to our family.
March 20, 2018
Just a note to say thank you for your caring and compassion at the passing of my husband.
You truly made a difficult time a little easier.
July 22, 2018
“I didn’t notice nor did I hear a comment about improvement possibilities. Above and beyond in considerate, care, and service. My brother would have been proud.” – Jodi
October 26, 2019
Both James Scott and Patricia Brunner were so wonderful. If they treat everyone like they did us, they would need no improvement. – Mary Ellen
Dear Bill -
Thank you to the entire Burton Team for honoring our loved one with beauty, dignity and grace. Our family is universally grateful for your kindness and care. We are blessed to know you.
January 10, 2019
I wanted to thank you for offering and then sending ornaments in memory of my parents. It was a source of comfort in this first Christmas without them.
Thank you again.
April 3, 2018
Peter, Karen and Bill –
Thank you so much for everything you and your staff did for my family. Lisa and the Care Center team did an amazing job. You truly provide an amazing service at a difficult time.
January 10, 2019
Dear Bill, Patty and all at Burton Westlake,
Thank you for making it easy during the loss of my mom. The pre-planning we did really paid off. Everything was beautiful and very well done. I would recommend Burton Funeral services any time.
July 22, 2018
I am very pleased and amazed with everything. I recommend to anyone to purchase any of the great quality Headstones your company has.
I think Mr. Tony J. Montefiori – very professional
July 29, 2018