Karen Burton Horstman
Vice President, Funeral Director, Supervisor of Burton Quinn Scott Cremation and Funeral Services, Inc., (Downtown)
Associate since August 1994
- Penn State University, 1988, BS Accounting
- Katz Graduate School of Business, 1994, MBA Finance/HR
- Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science, 2011, Funeral Director License
Honors and Community Involvement:
- Schreyer Honors College, Penn State
- Marshall Alan Robinson Prize for Leadership, Katz Grad School
- Penn State Behrend Board of Council of Fellows
- Member of Rotary Club of Erie, 2019 Recipient of the 4-way test award
- Former Board member of Erie Art Museum, Marriage Encounter and Catholic Foundation of NWPA
- Advisory Board Northwest Savings Bank
- Member of Junior League of Erie, Erie Yacht Club and Erie Club
- Karen is married to Mark Horstman, children are Julia and Jon
- Enjoys running, tennis and biking
“Mark O. was very respectful, compassionate and efficient. He did a great job not only for the viewing but also for the burial of my mother.” - Charlene
“Everything was perfect – Thanks! – Laurel
October 26, 2019
Thank You! I really cannot put into words…you were great!
January 10, 2019
Thank you so much you really really great! - Scott
Just a note to say thank you for your caring and compassion at the passing of my husband.
You truly made a difficult time a little easier.
July 22, 2018
Melissa Hart was very helpful.
July 29, 2018
Over the past year, you have been a tremendous help to me as I tried to move the through two very sudden and grief filled situations and deaths. My sister’s funeral went very well. She is home and laid to rest next to our parents. It was a very small, quiet service that let us bury her in a manner that let us grieve and honor her. Your help in coordinating two out of town funerals was immensely appreciated. I could not have done it without your expert help.
Your quiet understanding and very capable nature made these difficult situations more bearable.
Enjoy the summer!
Thank you for the beautiful card and words on the anniversary of Dad’s passing.
July 24, 2018
Thanks to all of you for making the most difficult time in our lives a bit easier.
The home looked beautiful. The newspaper article and picture video was just a great honor to our memories and to our loved one’s Life. The Service was what we wanted to share, thanks for making it happen.
With sincere appreciation.
July 10, 2018
Thank you so much for the lovely remembrance ornament! Our family will cherish it!
January 10, 2019
Your thoughtful gifts for Veterans during the Christmas Season is so sincerely appreciated. What a wonderful surprise.
January 5, 2018
Karen – Thanks so much for everything you have done throughout the process of helping us with the accommodations for our loved one. It was a pleasure working with you and Burton Funeral homes.